Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm going to assume that all good little food bloggers know about FoodieView. But to those who don't: for shame!

FoodieView is an awesome recipe search engine. While some of the interface is a bit iffy, it's far better than trying to wade through Google's search results. FoodieView tends to link to major recipe sites; as a result, it acts as a far-reaching search for all of your recipe needs.

Now, it's not perfect. But it's pretty awesome. I found my Buck-eyes recipe from that site; I found plenty of fun ice cream recipes there, too. (My boss made light raspberry ice cream with a recipe found on FoodieView. Unfortunately, he neglected to give me any!)

FoodieView also has a "browse" function. So, if you're feeling up for Indian food, you can poke around in the Indian category and see if anyting strikes your fancy. My only gripe with FoodieView browsing is that it's somewhat disorganized. You're also likely to see the same recipe multiple times--with or without slight variations.

Nonetheless, I thought I'd share the love. I hope someone finds it useful.

No comments: