Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I know, I know. I just cooked curry on Christmas Eve. But in my opinion, you can never have enough curry!



Besides, this was Thai curry, with creamy coconut milk, stalks of lemongrass, ginger, and chiles. I didn't have a proper recipe, so I used a basic recipe for spice measurements (read: how much turmeric, etc.) and then decided to wing it. I threw in a pinch of spice here, a healthy dose of salt there... To be honest, I don't know what all was in this curry.

But it was delicious! It had a fire--small, but present. It would have been hotter if I'd been able to dump in some red curry paste. I had a jar, but it had been in an unrefrigerated area for quite some time; in the concern of safety, I had to toss it. Too bad!



I also didn't have time to cook up any Basmati rice. Instead, I used the boil-a-bag kind. :) For shame, for shame! At least it tasted yummy--it soaked up the curry sauce beautifully. The green side in the picture is a German slaw. I soaked broccoli overnight in a German vinegar called Salata. Salata is amazing in that it transforms any veggie into a superb slaw. The sweetness of the vinegar actually paired quite well with the fire of the curry.

I have a feeling that I'm going to become quite adept at making curry.

No comments: